Thank you for visiting genuine mudpie! I thought you might be wondering about…
What on earth is a “genuine mudpie”?
It’s making something for the sake of making something.
It’s experimenting for the sake of experiencing the process.
It’s writing about creations and inspirations just because it’s fun.
It’s genuinely loving all of the above.
5 questions with genuine mudpie
1. What’s the deal with these crochet plush creatures of yours? My mom taught me how to crochet when I was a child; it’s always been a source of motivation and happiness for me. I have an overactive imagination and it finds an outlet in the stories I create for my plush. Each has its own story and daily routines. Some go to the fruit market everyday. Some run a cafe. One goes to school at the Jade Rabbit’s School of Medicine, and the others go to Treetop Academy run by an owl named Percy… er, anyway. Occasionally I do retrace my steps and jot down patterns/tutorials to pass around the joy of crafting; you can find them here.
2. What is your quest? This blog started as a blog for my crochet plush projects, but over time I also share the process and sometimes tutorials for other crafts, because I like crafts and art forms of all kinds and I like to try different things. I don’t make a profit with this blog and I don’t try to or expect to. Sometimes other people ask me what’s the point of writing. Sometimes I wonder what’s the point of writing. But I guess I do it because I get motivated by reading other creative blogs. I know how important it is, for the well-being of the soul, to keep being creative, but I also know all too well how hard it is to keep being motivated to create. So if one other person can feel motivated or inspired after reading the stuff I post here then I’m happy :D
3. What is your favourite colour? Steel blue.
4. What’s your favourite ice cream flavour? Green tea.
5. Would you befriend yourself? I wonder about that. Because that’s essentially asking what I think about how other people see me. And I don’t really know. I worry (more often than not) about offending people without knowing it. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I’m not very good at hiding how I feel. That doesn’t answer the question, doesn’t it?
*BONUS QUESTION* What kind of Asian are you? (this I stole from Sam Hart’s Youtube channel because I think it’s the most brilliant question ever) I’m Chinese. From Hong Kong (went on a trip there recently! You can see some pics and related posts here).
So! I hope you enjoy your visit! Feel free to leave a comment or drop me a note at genuinemudpie[at]gmail[dot]com. I would love to hear from you :)