Today is the day!
And the winning amigurumi is…
An amigurumi narwhal will be going to Amy, who made the suggestion :D
Now I just have to ask for everyone’s patience, as the finished narwhal and pattern will take me a little time… but it would be a great way to welcome spring/summer by making an aquatic creature!
Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions and comments! I’m a bit sad that I’m not able to make a pattern for all of the amigurumi you’ve suggested, because they’re all great ideas and I like all of them! So I’ve decided to scour the interweb to see if these patterns already exist, and here they are if you want to make some of them :D (you can click on the above image to see the list of all the animals suggested)
- Cute and cuddly Capybara, a free Ravelry download.
- A free yellow rubber duck pattern with a nice fan tail, can be made with different colours of yarn for a Northern Shoveler.
- A lovely giraffe (made in one piece!) by Vampire Weasel.
- I’ve posted a super simple penguin pattern before, but if you’re looking for one with more details, this penguin on Woman’s Day looks very cute.
- Here’s a silly looking platypus, from Inner Child Crochet.
- A seriously AWESOME looking (and free!) Emolga Pokemon pattern by Wolf Dreamer.
- Super adorable guinea pigs on Ravelry — I wish I have the time to make a dozen!
- Beautiful llama from Crochet Goods, looks like she’s ready for action!
- Chubby red panda from (Ri)Create, just want to squeeze him.
- This cardinal on Ravelry would make an awesome friend and accomplice to a squirrel :D
- The loris is a bit harder to find… but I thought this lemur pattern might also work for a loris. For sale on Ravelry.
- These hedgehogs also work as dusters, they make helpful plush friends :D Pattern by Pierrot.
Thanks so much for the inspirations, everyone!